Can I Have A Volunteer?

Then I heard the Lord asking, “Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?” 

I said, “Here I am. Send me.” Isaiah 6:8 NLT


Sometimes finding volunteers is difficult. You're asking people to give and not necessarily guaranteeing them anything in return. 

In this passage, God Almighty is asking the question, "Who wants to volunteer?" There's no mention of perks or personal advancement for the one that raises his hand. The question is simply asked. But! It's asked immediately after Isaiah has a personal encounter with the Holy God. Isaiah's willingness to volunteer was his response to encountering the Living God. 

If you find yourself struggling to give yourself to God, consider this passage. Remember that our giving is a response in our relationship with Him, not a religious duty. Come back to the foot of the cross. Be reminded. Encounter Him. Volunteering comes easy when we have encountered the Reality of who He is!

Comments

Popular Posts