Just Add Water

There was so much I had to just throw away.  I didn't want to.  It wasn't my desire for it to be tossed.  I had paid for it myself. 
 
It all was once very beautiful and useful.  It was soft and pliable.  It had the potential to be used many times.
 
But, tragically, it was mishandled and ignored.  
 
And over time it hardened as solid as a rock.  I had no choice but to let it go.

I'm talking about my children's Play dough. 
But, God can say the same thing about some hearts. 
 
Those who, at some point in their lives, were tender toward Him.  Their hearts were full of wonderment.  Their faith was strong, believing anything could be possible.  They could hear the Voice of the Holy Spirit.  They could feel the Dance and hear the Song.  And they not only were sensitive to it, they responded to it.  They learned to listen and obey.
 
But then something tragic happened.
 
Their hearts were not guarded.  Worry, like poisonous vines, started to grow around it.  The wonder began to fade.  The childlike faith turned to doubt and questioning.  Trials stormed it with bitterness.  And the once soft and tender heart began to harden.  God hadn't change or shifted.  Their hearts did.
 
But God is crying out to those hearts, saying "Repent! Turn back! Come back to your Maker and Potter.  I will wash your hard hearts with the Water of my Affection.  I will clean out the deepest and hardest parts of you!  Don't try to change yourselves.  You can not.  Come and I will Father you once again."
 
It's too late for my children's Play dough.  But it's not too late for your heart.

Comments

Popular Posts