Just Go

I've heard gym-goers say it.

On days they have absolutely no motivation to go exercise, they tell themselves, "Just go.  Once you're there, you'll jump in and be so glad you came."  And, ya know what?  That's what happens most of the time.  They may not go to the gym with a positive attitude, but they leave with one. 

There are mornings I'm like those gym-goers.  I'm not very optimistic with God.  Though He waits for me to come and I know I have full membership privileges, I can't seem to drag my butt toward Him.  My thoughts are downcast.  My list of things to worry about floods my mind.  My complaints shoot out of my mouth like a dirty muffler. 

It's then I tell myself.  "Just go.  Once you're there, you'll jump in and be so glad you came." 

And, ya know what?  That's what happens.  I may not come with all my ducks in a row.  I may only come with a mustard seed size of faith.  But, it's enough to shoot me to the heavens and shake all that junk off me to the earth below.  I may not come with a positive attitude, but I sure do leave with one!

Comments

Popular Posts