Tick Tock...

We know it will happen.

Just as sure as the sun comes up in the morning, so with the Son will come back for us.  It's a promise.  He said it Himself.  Nope, I can't wrap my head around it.  I don't think I'm supposed to.  And, to be honest with you, if I didn't know what I know about Him already, I think I'd have a hard time believing it.  But, since I know that He does not lie to us, and everything He says comes true, I can only trust Him on it. 

Knowing this guaranteed future event gives perspective on my daily life.  Though we've been waiting 2000 years for Him to come back, it is very possible that He will return in my lifetime.  Your lifetime.   It's possible that He will come even by the end of this decade, this year, this week, this day, this very hour, or even before I finish typing. 

The thing is, we don't know.  And, we're not supposed to.  He's told us all we need to know right now and is asking us not to fix our eyes of the guessing games of time and day, but fix our eyes on the One who is coming.  Fix our eyes on the One who alone is stable and can hold us and carry us through the times ahead. 

The point is:  Do you know the One who is coming??


Comments

Popular Posts