The Boat, The River, & The Guide Part II

After awhile, the current suddenly picked up and we were moving faster now. I could see slightly ahead that the boat was nearing what seemed to be a small waterfall. I clenched the side of the boat and leaned back, only to feel myself press up against His chest.

He put His hand on mine and said, "There's a shift ahead. But I've already cleared the path from all debris and obstructions. It will be clear sailing, but it may feel a bit sudden for you. So, I've placed cushions in the path to bumper the impact. You may get a bit wet, but that's all part of the fun! I don't want you to worry or be fearful. This is not a time for any of that. Beyond that small drop is clearer water and brighter skies. You won't even recognize your surroundings because everything will look so different illuminated in the Light. You won't be able to keep from laughing and wondering how you ended up on this side of the river. But remember, when you look around and see such goodness, it was not you that brought you here, but Me. It was because you remained in the boat with Me. And with Me, you can go anywhere. For I have no limitations and can take my boats anywhere I please and anywhere that will bring me even more glory. Look over the side of the boat. Do you see the inscription?"

I looked over and saw what seemed to be scratches carved into the side of the vessel.

"This boat was made to handle all kinds of rapids and seasons. And it's your boat - a boat made for such a time as this." He said with a smile.

"What does the inscription say?" I asked, not being able to get a proper view of it.

"It will be read by many and says what your life will declare: 'Look up!'"


Comments

Popular Posts