God’s Emoji 😂😍😘

One day, while browsing through a gift shop, I came across emoji plush toys. I wasn’t surprised to see the variety they had because emojis are a hot item right now. Emojis can be seen everywhere and used all the time on social media and text messaging. I, personally, use them constantly to convey the meaning of my message. I’ve learned that just putting a little smiley face at the end of my sentence can go a long way. I never want anyone to read a message of mine and hear it with a mean or angry tone. And it’s funny how many people can default to that. I can type, “What in the world are you doing?” and in my mind I’m saying it in a playful tone. But they may read it and have the impression that I’m disgusted with them. Go ahead and read that sentence twice - once with a playful tone, and once with a disgusted one. See what I mean? But pop an emoji in there like 😆 and the message is clearer. 

Well, that day at the gift shop, as I’m staring at the emojis, God says to me, “What do you think my emoji is toward you?” In other words, what emoji would He choose when He looks at me? Is there an angry emoji attached to His words? 😡 Or maybe a 😤 emoji? Or maybe a big 👎🏻? 

As I’m contemplating, I look up to see a 😂 displayed high in the air and positioned in such a way that it actually looked like it was looking down at me. There it was. THIS is God’s emoji, I thought. What a contrast of what I thought it might be. I knew immediately, though, that God wasn’t saying He laughs at me and mocks me. No. God made it clear in my heart that this is His Delight over me! He’s so thrilled with me that He can’t stop smiling and laughing. He’s SO PLEASED! And this is the way He wants me to see Him from now on. Not as an angry or disappointed Father. Not as a scary and unapproachable Person. But rather a Dad who is smiling, approachable, and pleased with me!

And be encouraged friend, this is not exclusive to me. He feels this way about all His kids! So smile big and let your heart rest easy - because God is smiling (yes, even laughing!) down on you! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂


Comments

Popular Posts