Exchanging Rings

They traded the truth about God for a lie. 
Romans 1:25 NLT
http://bible.com/116/rom.1.25.nlt

***

My husband gave me my engagement ring almost 17 years ago. It's the most expensive and precious thing I will ever wear. It means so much to me. It's valuable, both in worth and sentimental value. The thought of trading it for anything else, especially anything less, would be utterly foolish, and frankly, stupid of me. If someone approached me and offered me a ring they purchased from a dollar store as an exchange for it, I'd actually think they were joking. Why in the world would I exchange the real thing for a priceless fake? No way. No how. 

But the Bible says that some people have and will do just that - not with diamonds rings, but with something far more precious and valuable - the Truth. They see the Truth about God, just in His creation alone, but they will reject it and trade it for a lie. A LIE! That means that they would rather believe and build their lives on something absolutely untrue than acknowledge that God is who He says He is. They would rather wear a fake, priceless ring on their finger than the true diamond ring He is offering them. Foolish! 

But thank God that He doesn't give up on us. It's not over until it's over. He will keep on calling to us. He will keep on loving on us. Even as we suffer the consequences of trading Truth for lies, He will still present Himself as a way out. 

He holds His Diamond Ring in His Hand and says, "Let's make an exchange. Just you and me. You give me that fake ring, and I'll put this Priceless one on your beautiful finger. Trade that lie for the Truth."


Comments

Popular Posts