Obsessed

It's a chronic issue for me. 

I can't watch a movie without my mind wondering.  I can't walk through the mall without my thoughts being redirected.  I can't even walk my dog without my mind being consumed with this one thought...

God.

Seriously.  If this was a disorder, I would constantly be admitting myself into rehabilitation. 

"Hello, my name is Valerie and I am obsessed with God."

Obsessed means "To have the mind excessively preoccupied with a single emotion or topic."  (Free Dictionary) 

Yep.  That's about right.  Thing is, I have found something (Someone!) so amazing and fascinating that really anything else in this world now --even enjoyable things -- are pretty much boring in comparison.  I'd much rather be thinking about Him and talking to Him than do anything else with my day.  

Though this may seem odd to some, that is exactly where God wants our thoughts to be:

The Bible says, "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things..." 

And why?

because "...your life is now hidden with Christ in God." (Colossians 3:2 NIV ) My life and all I need is found in Him. 

And how many benefits there are when we fix our thoughts on Jesus!  Isaiah 26:3 (NLT) says,

"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!  Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock." 

When we fix our gaze on He who is our Life, Love, Peace, Hope, Security, Rescue... (the list goes on and on!) the more we will really see Him and experience Him throughout our day, the less cares we're likely to carry, and the more Love we will have for others. 

We go where our thoughts take us.  Obsessing over God and allowing our minds to be consumed with thoughts of Him will only lead us to one thing:  The life that is truly Life!
 

Comments

Popular Posts