Meet You There!

I began writing this blog 3 days before my father was in a serious car crash that eventually took his life 2 weeks later.  God is so gentle with us.

******

I had a conversation recently with my 8 year old, Makenna, concerning our transition from life here on earth to eternity.

It began with her being very distraught over the idea that one day my husband and I will die.  It was a thought too big for her little heart and mind to try to even begin processing.  Tears filled her eyes and then she quickly buried her head in her pillow as she lay on her bed.

"Ahh, sweetie."  I said.  "I know, it's sad.  But it's important to understand that it's not the end.  We can't live forever in these human bodies.  But God has made a way for us to live forever in new bodies.  Death is not the end.  Because of Jesus and because we both believe in Him, death is a Door that we pass through to go be with Him forever.  So even when I die, I'm just going through that Door first and we'll see each other again when you come through the Door."

Her eyes began to dry as I spoke.

She said, "So, it's like when we went to Hersheypark.  (Hersheypark is an amusement park.)  The times when I went with Daddy ahead of you and Bryana (her sister) to enjoy some rides and we said, 'We'll meet you there!'  You would see us again when you caught up with us?"

Loving her little childlike analogies, I smiled and said, "Yep. Daddy and I would just be going ahead of you to enjoy ourselves with Jesus. So you don't have to be afraid because we know we'll see each other again.  We'll meet you there!"
 

Comments

Popular Posts