Home Is Where You Are

What Joy and Exhilaration!


as Daddy catapults me upward from His arms and into the air.
I squeal with Laughter in the rush of the moment. 

Is there any place better in this world? Any other place I’d rather be?
To ask me that would be like asking a deer if it would rather be in the desert 
instead of frolicking in the green meadow,
or a fish if it’d rather be flying in the sky than swimming carefree in the ocean.

You are my Home, God.
You are where I belong.
Where You are is where I am meant to be. 
Though others may desire other things,
my heart is continually drawn back to You,
for you are more fascinating than anything in this world.
Your Love is Unique and unlike anything found on earth.
It is pure and beautiful and lovely. You are my Grand Canyon,
and my heart skips a beat whenever I draw closer.

And you are Stronger God.
Stronger than confusion and things that keep us from seeing clearly.
You steady my spinning world so I see things as they are.
You lift me higher so my perspective is the same as Yours.
You let me see the world and people at your angle -
through the eyes of Love and not condemnation and religion.
I see them as beautiful and lovely, because of what Your Son has done.
They are loved and they are all welcome...
welcome to know You the way I do,

welcome to come, just as I have come.

Comments

Popular Posts