Diamonds in the Dark

I won't deny it. I cried that day. I wouldn't say I'm much of a materialistic person. I rarely cry over lost or broken things. But this was different. This was precious, special to me. And literally it was lost in the night, gone in the dark. I went to bed with my engagement ring in tact, and woke up to find the center diamond was gone. I felt like I had been robbed in my sleep. I'd had it for so long that it had become a part of me. I never took it off. So losing it was like losing part of myself.

The Father knows just how it feels. He knows what it means to lose a Diamond in the Dark - the people He loves enough to die for. Those are His Diamonds. We are His Diamonds. We are the ones most precious to Him. We are the ones He has His eye on. We are the ones that mean the most to Him in all the universe. 

But how many of His Diamonds are missing. How many of His lost gems fill the earth. How many are without a Home and don't even realize it. They don't know that there is a Ring that is meant just for them on God's Hand. They are lost Diamonds in the night, gone in the dark. And, oh, how He grieves continuously for them, far more than I'll ever grieve for mine. His tears could fill the earth. If only they knew how much He wants them back.

But it is not God's will that they stay lost forever. For He desires that none should perish, that no one should be outside the Ring that it was intended to sit in. God has a place for each of us. His Ring is large enough to fit us all. There is a place carved out for each individual Diamond, so that no Diamond ever has to be lost in the dark forever.

Comments

Popular Posts