View From The Airplane

Perspective can make all the difference. If I'm standing at the base of a small mountain and looked up, and someone asked me my perspective on it, I'd tell them I thought the mountain was pretty huge. I wouldn't be able to tell how huge because I would not be able to see the top or sides of it. I might be inclined to say it wasn't possible to climb or get around it. But if I were in an airplane and looked down at the same mountain, and someone asked me my perspective on it, I'd probably have a different response. I might still say it was pretty big, but maybe not as big as I thought it was when I looked at it from the ground. I would be able to see the top and sides and notice that there were hiking trails all around it and even some small cabins. The mountain that I thought was impossible to climb, is actually climbed by many and even inhabited! I never would have known that from my perspective from the ground.  

Jesus is all about perspective. He understands there are always two ways of looking at any given scenario - an earthly perspective and God's perspective. The earthly perspective is like standing at the base of the mountain and looking up. The human point of view is limited. It's based on our own wisdom, understanding, judgements, limitations, and philosophies. It can often default to the answer, "It's impossible and can not be done or should not be done."

But God's perspective is completely opposite. His perspective is like flying above the mountain and looking down. He sees things we don't and from an eternal perspective. He sees what is True and Right. His perspective doesn't see impossibilities, it sees possibilities. It doesn't say can't, it always says can! Its answer always includes "Yes! Amen!" and "All things are possible!" 

What situations are in your life right now? How do you perceive them? You have two choices. You can look at them from a human view point or look at them from God's vantage point. But just as we can only see the mountain from above by flying in an airplane, we also can only get God's perspective when we let Him take us above it all and show us. 

If it's hard to see outside of your limited, earthly perspective, simply ask God to take you for a ride in His Airplane and show you a fresh Perspective. You might be surprised at what you see! 

"You are seeing things merely from a human point of view, 
not from God’s.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭16:23‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/mat.16.23.nlt

Comments

Popular Posts