Teardrops Keep Falling On My Head

There is nothing more heartbreaking to me than to watch a parent grieve for their child.  Maybe the child is lost.  Maybe the child died.  Maybe the child was removed from under their care and they have little to no connection with them now.

I remember catching some news coverage on the 12th anniversary of 9/11 this year.  A tearful woman spoke behind the microphone to the crowds saying, "I keep waiting for the pain to go away."  Her broken heart was still so raw after 12 long years of missing her son.

There are many times when I pray and feel this kind of grief.  Not my own grief, God's grief.  The grief of a Father who longs to draw His children close -- a broken-hearted Daddy that keeps calling but His children don't hear the phone or ignore the rings. 

His teardrops keep falling on my head.  I taste the salty substance in my heart as He lets me feel His grief for the multitude that don't know Him.  All I can do is weep with Him and then say, "Lord, what can I do?"

"Pray, Valerie.  Pray.  Pray, Valerie.  Pray." He whispers.

Intercessory Prayer is just that.  You are intersecting what's going on.  You put yourself between the People, that are lost in the dark, and the God of all Light that can lead them out of it, and you pray forth the will of God.  We are like Esther in the Old Testament.  We see people that are on the brink of death and we can't keep silent.  We choose to speak up before the King and bravely say, "Be merciful!  Help us God!  Only You can make the blind man see and the lost son come home!"

 

Comments

Popular Posts