Beyond Just Thoughts

The other day I expressed to my husband some concerns I was having about people I love. I went on for several minutes blurting out rhetorical questions to him. When I was done, he looked at me and said plainly, "I don't know, honey. Pray about it."

Right.

How often I keep my thoughts for people as just thoughts. Or, like the other day, they are only expressed to someone else who is just as powerless as I am. Instead of spending several minutes talking to another human about it, I can spend that time talking to the God of the universe.

I forget that that's all that prayer really is. I don't have to make a big hoopla about it. I just talk to Him the same way I would talk to my husband about it. The difference, though, is that I can actually make a difference in the circumstance when I talk to God. 

Comments

Popular Posts