Your 2 Hour Movie

At night, I give my husband full control of the TV remote.  I've learned over the years that even the best movies can't keep my eyes from closing when I sit down for the evening.  Though I have full intentions to follow the plot and not miss the action, it is a nightly routine for my husband to nudge me when it's over and say, "Come on, honey, the movie's done."  And, as if it was something new, I'll usually respond, "I can't believe I missed it!"

If we're not careful, the same can happen in life. 

•Fathers with demanding careers or hobbies and mothers distracted by their own careers, housework, or other things, fully intend to tune in and watch their babies grow.  But, without realizing it, they blink and look at their full grown children saying, "How did you grow so fast?"  And, they struggle to remember the plot of their children's story. 

•Young adults that will 'someday pursue their dreams', wake up at 40 years old saying to themselves, "What have I done with my life?  Did I snooze my way through the past 22 years?"

•Those who 'go through the motions' with God.  They 'do their duty', but somewhere along the line their heart has disconnected and they feel empty inside.  They are asleep in the Light. 
I can only encourage you as my husband encourages me. Wake Up!  Don't miss the movie of your life...your children, your calling, your Life with God.  Faster than a two hour movie, so our lives begin and end here on earth.

Comments

Popular Posts