Gratitude

Do I wake up everyday just so thankful for what I have in the natural, but even more so in the spiritual? 

It may be more difficult for me to be thankful for the things in the natural that I have worked for because I would think that these things are owed to me since I have earned them. But I can only have one attitude toward the things that have been given to me: gratitude. For these things I can not take credit for. (Of course, we know the truth is - all that we have is from God.)

In the same way spiritually, if we live with a works mentality with God, we will never understand gratitude because we will think we have somehow played a role in attaining our righteousness. But when we live with a GRACE mentality, all we can do is stand before God, arms open wide and say, "Thank you! For without You I would not be standing here! It is not by my works that I'm close to you. It is because of your abundant kindness and love!" 

***


Once you were dead because of your disobedience and your many sins. You used to live in sin, just like the rest of the world, obeying the devil—the commander of the powers in the unseen world. He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God. All of us used to live that way, following the passionate desires and inclinations of our sinful nature. By our very nature we were subject to God’s anger, just like everyone else. 

But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!) For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus. So God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us who are united with Christ Jesus. 

God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2:2-10‬ ‭NLT‬‬
https://www.bible.com/116/eph.2.2-10.nlt



How happy and fulfilled are those 
whose rebellion has been forgiven, 
those whose sins are covered by blood.
Psalms 32:1 TPT


Comments

Popular Posts