Conceding

People that believe in luck will always say, "Today is my lucky day," and "Tomorrow will be different."  They are hoping in factors to change and they put their hopes only in chance. They really don't know, but are always optimistic. Why? Because they want to believe that something bigger has a hand in their lives. They are hoping for exactly what I'm actually offering. They are hoping for Someone (or maybe for them, something) Good to come in and help. But they will not respond to My voice that is calling to them because, though they want things better and different, they don't want to give up control.

And this will always be the line that is drawn... You can't have all that I have to give, if you insist on things done your way. It would be like a child who wants to take piano lessons, but he comes in and wants to be the one in charge and tells the teacher how he thinks she should teach him. It doesn't work like that. And it can't work like that in the Kingdom either.

Consider any scenario where a person is coming for help or to be taught. Does a person go to a personal trainer or a life coach to get some guidance, only to want to be the one who calls the shots? That would be ridiculous and counter-productive.

SO you MUST let me lead. You must learn to concede and believe that who I Am is MORE than enough for any scenario I put you in. You must give in and let Me win every argument we have. You can always bring your questions, but resolve in your heart to always leave with the answer I give you - not the one you have figured out for yourself.

And it's ok if you hear Me say something contrary to what you have always understood to be true. These are the areas that I am remaking you in. These are the things that I need to change your understanding and thinking in. These are the places that need rewiring.

So just keep conceding! Just keep giving in to Me. Everything I am telling you is absolutely TRUE. I will never ever lie to you. I promise. So let go of everything you think you know about Me - like who I am, or what pleases Me, or what you think I want to hear from you or see you do. Let go of trying to be what you think I want you to be, and just be free. And from there, I will reshape your thinking and show you who I am and what I really am wanting.




*This blog is part of my “Speak, Lord” series. It’s meant to be taken from the angle of God directly talking to us.

Comments

Popular Posts