In Every Season

Do we only love our children on sunny days? Does our opinion of them change with the seasons? No. What an awful thought. My love for my children has nothing to do with the changing weather. I love them when it snows. I love them when it rains. I love them when the leaves turn colors and when they grow back again. The seasons and the weather have nothing to do with my affection and faithfulness to my children. 

And the same is true with our Father. He is not a fair-weather friend. He doesn’t leave when He sees the clouds rolling in before the Storm. His Opinion of us remains constant through every trial and testing. He loves us through and through and will never leave us, no matter what.  

So...

“Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death?

No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.”

Romans 8:35, 37-38 NLT
http://bible.com/116/rom.8.35,37-38.nlt

Comments

Popular Posts