Worth Giving Into

How gentle our Father is as He talks us down from our self preservation. He's not the drill sergeant we might expect. No, Jesus is the Lover and Wooer of our souls. We can hear the Holy Spirit cheering us on to loosen our grip as we hold on to our lives with a closed fist.

"Open up. Let me in. Let yourself go -- your whole self. I'm offering you Life worth holding onto. My Plans are greater. You are trading up!"

There are no scare tactics. No guilt trips. No manipulation. He doesn't push Himself on us. He respects our boundaries as He gives every reason why He is worth surrendering to.

And He clarifies things saying, "Giving your life to Me is not doing what you decide will make Me pleased with you. See my Hand extended? Take it. Giving your life means opening your hand, grabbing onto Mine, and walking with Me wherever I go. Follow Me."

Comments

Popular Posts