REST

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30 NLT)


REST. A four letter word we have trouble embracing in our culture. Heck, even our vacations seem to lack its presence. For some of us, we need a vacation after we get back from a vacation. 

Jesus gives us this amazing invite: Come to Me and I'll give you rest -- not just physical rest, but a rest that's so deep inside us that all restlessness is silenced. The pressure to perform is off. We can relax with Him knowing we are fully accepted, loved and entirely safe. To rest in Him is one of the greatest expressions of faith and trust in Him. 

And notice! Jesus GIVES rest. There's no earning our way to it. We can not conjure it up. It's His Gift to us and simply the result of being with Him. 


Comments

Popular Posts