Watching Over Me

I usually try to be careful to grab every bag. But, this time I didn't. I grabbed two bags from the store counter, but left the third. When I got home, I showed off my new purchases to my husband and still didn't realize I was missing something. 

But, Someone else did.

The next morning, I ran to the grocery store at 7am. I never go that early, but it was the only time I could fit it into my schedule. As I got out of my car, I looked up and saw the cashier from the store I was at the day before.  

"Funny meeting you here,"  I said, wondering if she recognized me.

Her eyes lit up. "You left your bag yesterday!" she blurted out. "I tried to stop you in the parking lot, but it was too late. You had driven away. I can't believe I'm running into you now. I never come to the grocery store this early. Just go back to the store. I saved your bag under the counter."

Someone had my back. He always does. It was no coincidence that I happened to run into her. I never shop that early and neither does she. I can list multiple times that things like this have happened - things I know that were orchestrated, not by me, but by a Father who is keeping His eyes on me and caring for me. 

Like the time, years ago, when I left my purse on the top of my car. (Apparently, I have a tendency to leave things!) When I got home, I couldn't find it and didn't even remember leaving it on the top of my car.

But Someone else knew.

Being in a panic, I remember it was one of the first times I ever truly asked God to help me. I said a small prayer that went something like this: "God, help me find my purse that has so many things in it that are important to me." It wasn't but a minute later that the phone rang. It was a woman who was looking for the owner of a purse she found in a parking lot! I was stunned and speechless for a moment over the phone. I knew then that God had my back. So, my purse was found and it was not only returned to me, but nothing was missing from inside it. God had protected the money, the documents, the photos, and everything else. 

That day, I realized three things.

1) God is not only real, but hears me and responds to my prayers.
2) God cares not just about the big things like running the universe, but also the little things that are big to me.
3) I can ask God to help me because I know He cares about me. 1 Peter 5:7 (NLT) says "Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you."

He's watching over me. He's watching over us - Yesterday, Today, and Forever. 

Comments

Popular Posts