No Pressure

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:28-30‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/mat.11.28-30.nlt

***
The Pharisees, the religious people of Jesus' day, put a lot of pressure on themselves and others. So many rules to follow. So many i's to dot and t's to cross. How exhausting! They were stuck in a religious mindset.

Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." He never pressures His children because He's not looking to make us more religious. What He is after is our hearts.

Comments

Popular Posts