Find His Pace, Feel His Rhythm, Let Him Lead


Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.
Galatians 5:25 NIV

or another version:

Since we are living by the Spirit,
let us follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives.
Galations 5:25 NLT

Thankfully, we do not walk this Christian life alone. If you have asked Jesus into your life/heart and asked Him to forgive you personally for your sins, He now lives in you. The Spirit of God, (yes, God, Himself) is now with you all the time. None of us are orphans. None of us have been abandoned -- and we never will.

But the Bible tells us that we are not only to walk with Him, we are to stay IN STEP with Him. This makes me think of my husband and I.

My husband walks faster than me. His stride is bigger. His legs are stronger. We both love to walk but it can get tricky when we try taking a walk together. I spend the whole time trying to keep up, as he's trying hard not to lose me in the dust. We are constantly aware of each other's pace. Inevitably, my husband will reach out his hand and grab mine. We both know that there is no way we are going to keep in step with each other unless we are connected --unless we consciously hold onto each other and find a rhythmic pace.

See, though the Spirit of God lives in us, we have to make a conscious choice to let Him be a part of our everyday lives. The Bible is saying: Now that you are alive in Christ, let Christ lead the way. Find His Pace. Feel His rhythm. Let Him lead. Walk with Him. Just like my husband and I must join hands in order to stay in step, so we must consciously connect with and yield to God's Spirit. And how satisfying it is when we find that flow with God - when we no longer just let Him walk next to us, but we truly connect and stay in step with His Spirit!

Comments

Popular Posts