Surprise! We're Going to Disney World!

https://youtu.be/hJXHf3_I8JA
https://youtu.be/xQl0OP_w88M


I love watching the video clips of parents surprising their children about their plans to go to Disney World.  The above clips are just a sampling of many. The children have absolutely NO idea about the secret plans their parents have been making. For months, maybe even years, the parents have been saving, researching and coordinating for this surprise trip, but they choose to not say a word to their children about it until the day they are leaving. This makes for an even greater surprise and reaction. I love watching as the children go from being stunned with unbelief to pure exhilaration and joy. 

******


I believe God loves surprising us. Just like the parents who giggle to each other as they plan the surprise trip, I think God giggles as He knows what is in store for us that we are unaware of. 

Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

I picture God smiling as He says this. It's like He's saying, "I know something you don't know.  I've planned something great that is fit just for you and will match the desires that I have already put in your heart. But the plans are not for you to do by yourself. See, my plans include Me. The truth is, I've planned a trip that will accomplish My will and I've woven you into my Plan. Just as parents wouldn't send their young children on trips by themselves, so I would not send you by yourself. We're going together!"

And rest assured. God is an amazing Planner. He knows what He's doing. He knows where we are going and how we will get there. He's worked out the details. He's made the provisions in advance. So don't be overly shocked if one morning He sits you down at breakfast and reveals His surprise trip He is taking you on that very day!

Comments

Popular Posts