Season of Grace

“I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark. I will not judge those who hear me but don’t obey me, for I have come to save the world and not to judge it. But all who reject me and my message will be judged on the day of judgment by the truth I have spoken.” John 12:46-48 NLT

How do you perceive God? Is He an angry God that is eager to pour out wrath on us? Do you find yourself fearful that God will lash out because of our sin? Or do you see Him as Jesus explains in the passage above: "as a light to shine in this dark world" and One who came to "save the world and not to judge it"?  

Will there be judgment? Yes, of course. But, it says that it will happen on the day of Judgment. For now, we are in a season of beautiful Grace because of Jesus: the Grace to come to know the amazing Love of our Father and be made whole. Remember what He said in Luke 4? "The Spirit of the LORD is upon me, for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free, and that the time of the LORD’s favor has come." Luke 4:18-19 NLT

If we think God is judging the world right now, what will our message to the world sound like? It will probably be filled with condemnation and fear. And how will anyone want to come to Jesus if they are being told that God is so furious with them? It's His KINDNESS that leads us to repentance. Wasn't it His Kindness that lead YOU to repentance?

We must understand the Season we are living in and the window of opportunity that God has opened to all people to come to know Him. Tell people that God loves them. Tell them He wants to restore their lives. Don't worry, if there is sin to be dealt with in their lives. The Holy Spirit is an expert at bringing things into the Light. His job is to convict of sin, OUR job is to simply tell the GOOD NEWS: 

Jesus loves you. 
He does not hate you. 
He died for you. 
He will forgive you. 
He has come to give you Life and Life to the fullest!  

Hasn't God been amazingly gracious to you? In the same way, God wants to be amazingly gracious to those around you. Tell them! ❤️

Comments

Popular Posts